Monday, September 27, 2010

Five Things I learned in Alaska/Canada

1. Not every Canadian says Eh' or has seen a moose or knows a Mountie, or any of those fun Canadian stereotypes however, do not ask them about Hockey or else you are in for it!  I got in the longest conversation with a bartended, when I asked him he was a hockey fan, it pretty much consisted of me getting yelled at about how Americans dont know anything about Hockey.  I know a thing or two about Hockey, I did grow up on the Mighty Ducks movies after all! :) (I joke, I joke)
2. Pretty much everyone who actually was from Alaska asked me if I was from California, and I would ask them How they knew, they said it was because I was blonde. So apparently if you are blonde you are a Californian!
3. Alaska is insanely pretty! Now I get why people would suck it up and a live there, even thoughs, its stinking cold!

4. There are not very many young people that go to Alaska on vacation, its more a place older people tend to go, which makes it great to go to because people are really nice to you if your the only young one, I got a few free drinks, and there are pretty hikes, and things you maybe cant do later on. So go if you ever get the chance, it was beautiful!
5. Even though its cold in Alaska there are not polar bears or penguins! The amount of times, I heard people ask that, shocked me! There are multiple other species of bears though and puffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment